Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Eastern Sierras at Sunset

I took this picture after the sun had gone behind the mountains.  It had been a long day of fishing at Tuttle Creek.  Clouds passed by from time to time, big clouds that would block the sun.  It was the kind of deal that made you stop fishing for a minute to look around and see what was going on.  The same type of feeling you get when someone important says, "May I have your attention please".  A few times I put down my rod and just watched the shadows move across the valley.  "I'm going fishing" those are the words we say, "did you catch some fish" those are the words we hear.  Sometimes we catch things that are hard to put into words.  Things that set us down and make us think.  When the cloud passes by and we pick up our rods something makes us look back just one more time as if to say thanks, that just made my day.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to camping at Sage Flat tomorrow and Friday and doing some fishing myself up there. Enjoy your blog and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading over the hill next week to hit Bridgeport, Lee Vining, Bishop, and Kernville. Amazing how the hills and the clouds look just like that from this side too.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear about that Mark! Upper Bishop Creek is hot if you get a chance to fish it. Right below Lake Sabrina, where the creek goes under the road, on the left side, under a boulder there is a pool next to the bank. I hooked and lost an 18 incher there 3 weeks ago. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture, that is what makes being outdoors worth while. Thanks for becoming one of my followers. I usually post once or twice a week. I hope you enjoy my blog. I am adding your blog as one I follower.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a question or comment!