Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

How to choose the right Fly Fishing Vest

   Here are some tips for choosing the Fly Fishing Vest thats right for you.  First of all, this is a piece of equipment that you will be wearing for a long period of time when you head down to the water.  It has to be comfortable or it will be a constant distraction and you will not be able to focus.  There are many styles to choose from so take your time and think about where you will be using it.  In the spring I like to use a model with heavier fabric, and when the weather gets warmer the mesh body vests work well.  Take a look around the area that you would like to fish and choose a color that will blend in with the surrondings.  When I fish in the mountains around pine trees I like a light or dark green.  For streams in the high desert, the Eastern Sierras for example, a tan works much better.  Try to avoid zippers.  Velcro pocket closures make a bit more noise when opened, but they will not get hung up if you need access to the content of the pocket quickly. Go with what you think will work best for you.  A good vest will last a long time.


5 comments:

  1. What's up to every body, it’s my first visit of this weblog; this webpage consists of remarkable and truly good material designed for readers.
    my site :: West Marine Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! We will be linking to this great post on our website.
    Keep up the good writing.
    Take a look at my web page :: prescription glasses sports

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.
    Also visit my page ; prescription glasses nike

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is truly a fastidious one it assists new
    net users, who are wishing for blogging.
    Here is my weblog - oakley prescription glasses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Admiring the time and effort you put into your site and detailed
    information you provide. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information.
    Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to
    my Google account.
    Here is my homepage ... oakley prescription glasses

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a question or comment!